Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tracy-Done With Detox

It was quite a journey, with some lows and many more highs, but without all the support and enthusiasm of those around me I could never have succeeded in completing the detox. The reasons I decided to do the detox were many, from learning more about living and eating better/healthier to weight loss to determine the cause of my chronic cough to just proving to myself that I could do it. Going through the program was actually easier than I expected and what I enjoyed the most was cooking creatively using the allowable foods. I can up with some great recipes and even started sharing recipes with others who are following a similar diet (quinoa pancakes, anyone?). The benefits I’ve received from finishing have been a clearer sense of focus, a feeling of accomplishment, better skin, weight loss (12 pounds) and over a foot and a half loss in overall measurements! It certainly feels good to wear pants I have only been able to look at in my closet for the past two years. So, my best advice to anyone interested in doing the detox is to time it right for your lifestyle, gather support from family and friends, plan activities during the 28 days that don’t focus on food and drink (I went on an art gallery tour, got massages, finished books I had started months ago) and take the time to notice the changes in your mindset about food and food choices. Of course, now I’m one of those annoying people ahead of you on the line at Starbucks ordering the half caf/half decaf soy cappuccino, but, hey, that’s the way it goes!

No comments: