Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Andrea - Finish What You Start

Recently I was asked if I start a lot of projects but don't finish them. Yup I answered, I start lots of stuff and don't finish it. I attributed it to the fact that I have an interest in learning about everything. Therefore I get a taste for something, learn the basics, get slightly into it and then move on. Because of that I have a plethora of items for whatever project I was into that now sit with dust on them. I figure someday I will find a use for the stuff so I am not really worried about that. But after I was asked the question, it was then suggested to me that maybe I try to finish the things I have started. I thought about it for a minute and said okay I can take that project on.

So now my new project is to finish what I have started, including this project or challenge as it may seem to be at times to finish what I start. In the last few weeks since I have started this endeavour, I have finished numerous knitting projects that I have had on needles, finished reading the books I had that I was half way through and got a bunch of other ends tied up. It has felt great. Each night I go to sleep with a great sense of accomplishment for the project I finished that day, it actually creates a nice peace of mind and calm settled feeling for me.

So I am thankful for the advice that was given to me and I am enjoying this new feeling of accomplishment and look forward to all the fruits of my labors and the end results of finishing what I have started.

No comments: