Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Andrea: Beautiful Morning

I am by no means whatsoever a morning person. I am that person that hits snooze for a good half hour period before I even think about getting out of bed. When I eventually emerge, I have only one eye open and a snarl on my face. And don't even think about talking to me - even to say good morning - for at least an hour after I have gotten out of bed.

But lately, to maximize my time and get a jump on my day, I have been scheduling appointments earlier in the morning. Yesterday morning I had an 8am My Time For Me meeting. Yes you heard me, 8am - luckily we had our meeting at Starbucks so that I could get some caffeine in me to help with the morning sluggishness. I also arrived 10 minutes early for my meeting just to make sure all the morning grump was out of me before the meeting started so I could be nice, and participate intelligently in the conversation.

Once there, sitting outside in the morning sun, I really was happy to be up early. There is something calming and serene about being up and out in the early morning sun. I actually enjoyed it and have gotten so much accomplished by starting my day early. I think I am going to continue to try to rise early on more mornings. Well at least while it is warm and sunny out, I think I will have to reevaluate this practice on the cold, gray winter mornings, but until then, I look forward to more sunny early mornings when the World is just starting to wake up and everthing is fresh and new and the possibilites endless for a great day.

No comments: