Monday, March 3, 2008

Taking My Own Advice

Last week I had a day where I left my house very early in the morning and did not get home until almost 10:30pm. While the day was long and busy, it was also very productive, however I had no time for me.

As I returned home I thought about the emails I needed to check, the mail I needed to open, the laundry that needed folding and felt overwhelmed and agitated. I realized I had not had a chance to take any me time during the day and boy did I feel the effect. At that moment I made a decision, I was going to take my own advice and not turn on my computer (gasp), let the mail wait until the next day (cringe) and forget about the wrinkling laundry and take some me time!

And that is just what I did, I put on my comfy pj's, curled up in my bed with my favorite blanket, lit a candle and read my book. Instantly I felt the tension subside and the day melt away and a smile spread on my face. Not only did I have a great sleep that night, I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to face a new day.

1 comment:

dorrway1 said...

Dear Andrea,
I was just reading your intro to the newsletter, thinking to myself I am a health/nutrition counselor and I work with people to balance their lives, relationships, foods, spirituality, environments etc...have I done this for myself? All too often we neglect our own needs especially if we have families, busy careers or too much stress. I call that when life gets in the way, however if we live that way then we only exist in life versus thriving in life! The dirty dishes will be there, the email, the house but this very moment will only be here this second. YOu will only be the age you are right now! I am looking out the window and am taking a minute to notice and appreciate the new buds on the trees and marveling at how perfect nature is it always just does it's thing all winter long. The trees relaxed and went inward to rejuvenate and prepare for thier season of growth and lovliness in all their glorious blossoms and leaves! Am I taking My Time For Me, you bet!!!!!!!!!! I love what you girls are doing and support you whole heartedly!
Best regards,
Laura Dorr
Dorr Way To Health