Monday, January 19, 2009

Andrea: Wednesday Book Blog





Almost every year around Christmastime Patricia Cornwell publishes a book from her Scarpetta series. This year under the Christmas tree I found the 16th book in the series that started in 1990. The latest book is entitled Scarpetta after the main character Kay Scarpetta, a private forensic pathologist.

I did not start reading the series in 1990, I think I discovered these books a few years later, but since discovering them, I have read all of them and each year I look forward to the next book. Although when I finish the book I don't like having to wait a whole long year for the next one. This book, to me, was again no disappointment. For me it is an easy and interesting read. The book has 4 main characters that are in every book and I love seeing the development of each character and how the relationships evolve amongst the group. I am not always happy with what happens but I see, as the story line progresses this is where it has to go.

So if you are a Scarpetta series fan, you will probably enjoy this book. If you are not a fan but are looking for a new author/series, I recommend these books. You can pick up any book in the series and follow what is going on, but I think it is better to start at the beginning and follow it through for the sake of the characters. I will warn you though, the books are suspense and mysteries and the main character is a pathologist so if you scare easily or don't like a bit of gore or murder, these books might not be for you. If you like mysteries, Law and Order and CSI, these books are for you.

No comments: