Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Good Things in Life

Last night I had dinner at one of my favorite places with some of my favorite people. My family (well part of my family as I am lucky enough to have a large family I love very much) at Fat Cat in Norwalk. The dinner plans were last minute for me as I had other plans for the night that got postponed. So when my aunt called in the late afternoon to tell me the family dinner plans I jumped right on it excited for the unexpected dinner.

I was the last to arrive and as I walked into the restaurant I saw one of the greatest and happiest sites - My family filling up the whole back part of the restaurant (there was 13 of us) smiling, laughing, eating and generally enjoying each others company. And to make it even better, their faces lit up with hellos and hugs as I walked up to the table, even if I did not get to eat my favorite pizza, I would have been very full and satisfied right at that moment. I wish I had my camera with me to capture that moment forever as one of the best moments to start my new year.

The rest of the evening was wonderful, we ate delicious pizza, sipped on some vino, celebrated my aunt's birthday (happy happy again Aunt Patty), spent time with my cousins visiting from NC (good luck Jerry), caught up with my local cousins and tried to learn the game the kids were playing.

Even though it was a rainy, icy evening, the sun was shining last night in the smiles of my family as we enjoyed each others company. What better way to start the new year and even though I did not have my camera to take that picture, it will forever be in my memory as a great night.

No comments: