Monday, January 19, 2009

Andrea: Wednesday Book Blog

The Wednesday Letters

by Jason F. Wright


This is not one of my "normal" types of books for reading, but when I read the review of it somewhere, something spoke to me and said "you have to read this book". So I listened and I bought it and I read it and loved it!


It is such a sweet sentiment, starting on their wedding night, the groom writes a letter to his wife promising to write here a letter every Wednesday. The story is told from the perspective of the bride and groom's children when they find 39 years worth of letters.


I always know a book and/or a movie is a good one by 2 things, 1. I don't want it to end and 2. after, I can't stop thinking about it. This book was both for me. It was sad, happy, full of love but not mushy and sweet. An easy and quick read but one that made my heart happy and I will admit brought a few tears to my eyes. A great touch is in the back cover of the book there is an envelope and inside is a Wednesday letter.

No comments: