Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Andrea: Wednesday Book Blog: Run For Your Life

Run For Your Life
James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge

I am a big fan of anything written by James Patterson and I look forward to his books coming out because to me they signify a good, captivating quick and enjoyable read with action and twists and turns.

Run For Your Life follows detective Michael Bennett in NYC as he chases down a crazy serial killer. This book does not differ much from the format of all the Patterson books, especially the books of the Alex Cross series. There are many similarities in the characters, the family members, the plot line and the bad guys. It follows the same pattern pretty close with new details and people in a different city. Alex Cross is in DC and Michael Bennett is in NYC.

However, having said that, I still did enjoy this book. It was a quick and entertaining read. It even kept me from going to bed while reading it. I would finish a chapter and think to myself just one more chapter and then lights out, but one chapter would lead to 10 (another great thing about the Patterson books - short chapters, great for a reader like me that can't put a book down mid chapter)

For fans of Patterson, you might feel like you are reading the same story, but different people and place, but still an entertaining read. For someone new to Patterson, a good quick and enjoyable read.

Happy reading!



No comments: