Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Andrea: I'm a big girl now!

Yesterday I had a meeting with a fellow entrepreneur in NYC about her company called Stiletto Spy School. So I got myself up earlier than my usual time, packed a bag of essentials (umbrella, book for train, lip balm, pad of paper and music) and headed for the train. Once in the city, I walked the 10 or so blocks to the meeting and found myself in an area not far from Grand Central Station but where I had not really explored before. I am looking forward to the next time I am in the city checking out 2nd Ave a bit more.

After the meeting I wanted to go to Union Square but it was too rainy any my heals were way to high to walk, so I found the subway and bravely walked down the stairs. I had no idea where to go once down there or how to get to the right platform, but hey I had done it before with friends, I was sure I could do it by myself. So I got myself a metro card, stocked it up with the $7 deal they had, swiped the card and walked into the maze of tunnels. Luckily Tracy had mentioned that I wanted the 6 train and I knew enough that i was going downtown to I found the 6 heading downtown, hopped on, checked the map at the top of the car and made my way to Union Square! I did it, I really did it. I could not wait to do it again for the way home.

While there I visited a great store called East West Living. Very cool place I recommend you give it a visit if you are in the area of 5th and 14th. But anyway I digress. When it was time to head back to Grand Central Station, I found the subway again, got on the train and headed back uptown. It was great, saved me walking time, getting wet in the rain and cab fare. So convenient and not so intimidating anymore.

I think I may have to plan an excursion on Saturday afternoon after the MTFM Grand Central Terminal Tour and Private Reception and take the subway again.

Happy traveling and remember to keep hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times!

No comments: