Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wednesday Book Blog: The Hunger Games





Well when I said I was back I guess I reallly am back and ready to write about the books I have been reading. So I just finished The Hunger Game by Suzanne Collins. It was reccommended to me by my friend who really enjoyed it. He was so eager for me to read the book, he enjoyed it that much. So on the plane ride home I opened the book, cracked the spine and started reading. After a couple of chapters I was thinking great, 4 - 5 more hours of flying today and this is the only book I have to read (which I never do, I usually have at least 3 books with me on any trip) Well for lack of anything better to do I just kept reading. I was on a plane my options were limited, there was not even a bad movie to watch.


To me the book started out real slow and uninteresting then the next thing I new I was up way past my bedtime that night to keep reading the book. I got hooked and found it so interesting I HAD to know what happened. It was one of those books I took everywhere with me in case I had a minute or 2 to read a page or 2.


It is a book for young readers but hey so is the Twilight series. It is also the 1st book in trilogy. The 2nd book is out and the 3rd comes out in August/September. I am saving the reading of the 2nd book until the 3rd comes out so I can read them together and not be left hanging like after the 1st book!


I am not going to do the story injustice by trying to describe what it is about so I will let you visit your favorite book site to read more about it, but I found it a great read even with the slow and strange start and am looking forward to the next 2 books. Hmm maybe on the beach.

1 comment:

Brasil said...

Suzanne Collins is a truly talented author. "The Hunger Games" is a very complex and well planed story that really plays with your emotions. I laughed, I cried. And I felt the pain, suffering, agony, longing, fear, hatred, and melancholy, and the love, joy, protection, anticipation, etc. that Katniss and the other characters felt. This book really draws you into the story, the time, the place, the emotion, the intensity...