Thursday, August 21, 2008

Andrea: Movie Reviews As I see it

So yes, I realize that it has been one of the most amazing weeks weatherwise and I have been indoors at the movies not once but twice this week. And while nothing really beats fun in the sun, the movies that I saw, Tropic Thunder and Vicky Cristina Barcelona, where both worth a few hours away from sunshine.

The first movie I saw was Tropic Thunder. Now I had no expectations for this movie at all and was not sure I even wanted to see it but my friends were going so I did too, (no I am not going to jump off a bridge if my friends do) It was more entertaining than I thought it would be and I did actually enjoy the movie. It was funny in some parts, not so funny in other and there were surprise familiar faces in the movie that I had not seen in the trailers. But the most surprising and enjoyting to me was Tom Cruise, the part he played and how funny he was. I actually might be starting to like him again. His character was hilarious and so not what we have seen him do before and who knew Tom Cruise could dance! I think it is worth going to see just to see him dance and play this funny guy. But that is just my opinion.

The other movie I saw was Vicki Cristina Barcelona. Again another movie I knew nothing about, I had not even scene a commercial or trailer for this movie but I heard people talking about it and it was highly reccomended by a friend of mine. I loved it, I can't really tell you why, maybe because I spent some time in Spain earlier this year, or maybe the story and the way it is told, but for me it is one of those movies that I have not stopped thinking about since I saw it. I would reccomend this movie and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Okay that is about all I have to say on the movies I have seen this week, but since this has been a summer of movie seeing for me, I am sure I will have more movies to write about soon. So for now, thumbs up, sit back relax and enjoy the show, turn off cell phones and see you at the movies.

No comments: