Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Andrea - The End of Summer?

For the past week, everyone had been talking about how this past holiday weekend was the last weekend of the summer. At the beginning of the weekend, it made me sad. I went into the weekend kicking and screaming that it was really not the last weekend of summer. We still will have nice weather in store, it is not as if we were going to wake up for work on Tuesday morning to bare trees and snow on the ground and the end of summer as we know it until next year.

So with everyone's end of summer rants in mind, I decided to make this the best weekend of the summer. Not a small feat since I had an amazingly fun summer. So here I sit on Tuesday morning and as I think about the last 5 days (yes I started my weekend on Thursday) I accomplished what I had set out to do, my weekend definately makes it up there in the top 5 of the summer. The weather was beautiful, the food was great and plentiful and time with friends was the best part. There was a pool party, Sunday brunch, a day at the beach and drinks by the water. What a way to spend the "last weekend of summer".

And while in my mind summer is not even close to being over (I may even wear my white pants one more time) After such a great summer style weekend, I think I am almost ready to move into fall, which luckily for me is my next favorite season. I am just about ready for my favorite sweaters, the turning of the leaves, the apple pie, the smell of spiced pumpkin and my favorite holiday (my birthday which is the 2nd day of fall).

So here is too a wonderful summer and end of summer weekend, a few more summer-like days and the start of fall with a new fun and adventures.

No comments: