Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tracy-Birthday Girl Alter Ego


I wanted to post this blog last week, but I was too busy enjoying my annual birthday week vacation! I am always excited by my birthday and feel the need to share it with others. I think it goes back to being a little kid with a summer birthday. I never was able to have my mom bake cupcakes for my class and have everyone treat me special for that day. So instead, I make everyone treat me special for the entire month now that I'm grown up (debatable choice of words)!

Last year, I invented my superhero alter-ego on my birthday. Her name is Birthday Girl (very original, goes along the lines of Bat Girl, Cat Woman, and other assorted female comic book heroes who's names escape me). My superpowers have been honed over 30+ years of birthdays and include being able to eat all the birthday cake I want without gaining weight and drinking all the birthday shots I want without getting hungover. The creme de la creme of my powers is the ability to see people in their birthday suits. Of course, the best part of my powers is that I have the ability to KNOW who I want to see in their birthday suits and who I DO NOT!!

So, I wonder what your superhero alter-ego would be? What kind of super powers would you possess? Feel free to share your thoughts. And remember, if you run into me during August, I may just make you buy me a shot and a piece of cake (and be sure to keep some kryptonite on hand)!

No comments: