Sunday, March 15, 2009

Andrea: Wednesday Book Blog: Eclipse and Full Moon

Book 3 and 4 of the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer


Eclipse and Breaking Dawn

Sorry to have missed last weeks book blog, but I was on vacation and did not have access to the Internet. Yes it was wonderful to be liberated from technology for a few days.


This week I am going to talk about both Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. Mostly because I can't keep track of what happened in which book and it just seems like the right way to do it.


Eclipse, the 3rd book in the series took me longer to read than the first two. For some reason, I personally was not as captivated by this book as the first two, however it could have been a bunch of things, including reading the books all in a row - I may have just needed a bit of space from Bella, Edward and Jacobs world, and I was pretty busy with not as much time to read. But the book was very good and really set up things for the 4th book.


As you can see, I read the 4th book while on vacation. As I looked around the beach, I saw more sunbathers than not with one of the books from the series. One woman saw me reading Breaking Dawn and even stopped to talk to me about the book. Funny how a book about vampires can cause conversations with complete strangers.


Breaking Dawn was by far my favorite book of the series and as with the first 2 books, I blew right through all 700 and something pages in a few days (okay so being on vacation with nothing to do but read helped). So much happened and came together in this last book and the story is told a bit differently from the other books. In case you have not read it, I am not going to spoil it for you because it was a pleasant surprise for me. Reading the last book made the first three all the more better. These are books I wish I could read again for the first time. I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out on DVD on the 20th.


Until next week, happy reading.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great books! Thank goodness for a teenage daughter who is obsessed with the books as she made me read Twilight a long time ago.

I even took her into NYC in August for the Stephanie Meyer book signing at the Nokia Theatre back in August.