Wednesday, March 25, 2009



Beach Music
Pat Conroy

This book tops one of my all time favorite books. I do not re-read books but I think that this is one that I will soon pick up and read again. It was not a short book and actually it took me an entire summer plus to read this book. I would pick it up, read a few chapter or read it for a few days and then put it down for a few weeks (of course I would read something in between) The more I got into the book the more I did not want it to end so the slower I read it. I felt as if I was apart of the book and the lives and I just wanted to keep living it.

I can't tell you what it was about this book exactly, maybe it was the style of writing, maybe it was the content of the story or the lure of the characters or of the descriptions if Italy. Or maybe it was a combination of all of that, but whatever it was, I found this book very moving and it has a very fond place in my heart.

The story is of a man and his daughter and their life after the death of his wife. The story explores family life, secrets and love. My description of this story could not do it justice so I will let you either check out the description online or read the book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments: