Friday, June 12, 2009

Andrea: Shoe String Summer

What is Shoe String Summer? Exactly what it says it is. The mission I have chosen to accept is to have an adventure and fun filled summer on a shoe string budget. Something I am sure that most of you are doing as well.

Just because we have to watch our wallets, it does not mean that we should not have fun and enjoy ourselves! A few ways that I have been enjoying shoe string summer is too check out all the deals that are being offered around Fairfield County. In an answer to the problems of the economy many of my (and I am sure yours too) favorite restaurants are offering happy hour specials, prix fixe meals. And in case you have not heard yet, this coming week is restaurant week in South Norwalk with 3 course lunches for $16.40 and dinners for $29.95.

Another great way I was able to pamper myself on my shoe string budget was to get a massage as the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy. A couple of times a year they offer massages at a very deep discount so that the students finishing up the program can log practice hours. It was great, $35 for a 50 minute massage.

As mentioned in a previous blob, I have been using PaperbackSwap.com to get books so I can keep up with my summer reading while sitting at the beach - another great way to enjoy Shoe String Summer!

As summer is just beginning, although you can't really tell by the weather, this adventure is just beginning as well and I will keep you posted on the great Shoe String Summer Adventures!

No comments: