Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Andrea: Wednesday Book Blog

So a few weeks ago I wrote about Map Of Bones by James Rollins and I enjoyed that book so much I started reading more books by Mr. Rollins in his Sigma Series. Since that book I have read Sandstorm - a prequel to Map of Bones and Black Order the book after Map of Bones.

I also have the next book, The Judas Strain, on it's way to me via PaperbackSwap.com - just a side note - for all of you readers, PaperbackSwap.com is a very cool site. It is a swap site for books (duh, hence the name). How it works is you post your books on the site for people to request and for every book you send to someone, you get a credit. For every credit you have, you can request a book. The only cost to you is the cost to send one of your books to the requester. The media rate for books is something like $2.44(give or take a few cents). It is a great way to get rid of the books you have read and don't want to keep and a great cost effective way to get the books you want to read. I just love it, especially for me with how much I read and how many books I have.

Now back to the books - they are great adventures that are based on scientific and religious fact and history. Very similar to the Dan Brown books but I think better and more fun. There is lots of action and I will admit, lots of stuff that I have trouble understanding in the scientific realm, but that does not affect the enjoyment of the book. So if you like adventure and you like following the same characters from one adventure to the other, I think you might enjoy these as well.

So happy reading and happy swapping until next time!

No comments: