Tuesday, August 3, 2010

watching the clock

We have all had it happen, we have something that we have to do, somewhere we have to be, yet don't want to be there so we watch the clock, willing it to move faster so we can do something else, be somewhere else.

Quite a few years ago I found myself in this situation on a daily basis, at the start of the morning, I could not wait for the end of the day. Then one day, I realized I was willing away precious time each day, willing away my daily life. I did not like this conclusion at all so I decided to make a change so that I could enjoy every moment and not be in a place that I would be wishing away precious moments.

Yes we all have things we don't want to be doing, and we all have times of wishing the clock to move faster, but those times are not on a regular basis for me anymore. And when I find myself in those times, I pull myself back into the moment at hand and find something good about that moment and that time to focus on, so I am not willing away time, but embracing and enjoying the moment.

So today or tomorrow when you find yourself in one of these moments, find something in that instance that is good and something to enjoy. Even just the sun shining on your face through the window, or a good song on the radio. And if you find yourself in that way more than you don't, you have the power to change that and make every moment in your life count.

No comments: