Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wednesday Book Blog: North River

North River
Pete Hamill

One of my all time favorite books I have ever read is Forever by Pete Hamill, and yes I kept that book on my bookshelf. Knowing that I enjoyed the book, and Pete Hamill being a favorite author of my fathers, he recently gave me the book North River.
Of course I raced through the book I was reading to get to North River. It was nothing like Forever except in the fact that it takes place in New York City and yes there is one quick reference to Cormac, the title character from Forever. It is a sweet love story, it is a fast read but a slow paced book, there is not much action or really much that takes place in the book and while it could be considered a sad, heavy book to read, one reason being it takes place during the depression, I did not find myself sad at all by the book. I enjoyed it very much and even passed it along - as a borrower only, this will live on my bookshelf - to my Aunt who also enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

I like this site. Really nice place for all