Thursday, September 9, 2010

Me Time with Me

Lately I have found that I have been wanting more me time and taking it, but I find that I want my me time alone. I have a desire, and one that I give in to, to huddle up in a corner (yes a comfy one) with a nice cup of tea and a good book, or I want to sit on my couch and watch DVR and knit, knit knit away. I have always found pleasure in doing these thing, and have made ample time for them in my life, but I have always been more of a social person so for me these days to want to stay in and do solitary things has surprised me. And lately I have given in to it. I think it is important to do what feels right for yourself and I always feel so good after taking that time.

However, I know for me, and I believe for all of us, this cannot be the only type of me time in our lives. I believe that we all also need social me time with good friends and new friends, doing an activity that you enjoy and look forward to. I am looking forward to my dinner planned with the girls next week (the first time I am entertaining them at my new place!!!) , and the MTFM event for October (ooh a make-up make over and free beauty treatment!) and all of the other fun social events on my calendar but I do find just as much excitement over the nights I have nothing planned or the all day Sunday when I can be lazy with my books and my bamboo needles.

No comments: