Saturday, February 21, 2009

Andrea: I am doing it!

I am doing it and I am so proud of myself. I joined the gym AND I went three times this week. I reached my goal my first week! Now to some of you that may not sound like a big deal or it may sound crazy, but for me that is big. Typically I do not enjoy going to the gym at all. But this time is different. Well so far, and I have high hopes it is going to remain different.

The first day I went, I went with Tracy, that helped too, it was my first time going to a new gym and I was definitely nervous and intimidated. Having a friend to go with really helped. I even found myself enjoying it. I think the new mix I put together on my ipod really helped as well.

The second day I went, I had my free consultation with a trainer. You know the one they give you whenever you join a new gym to try to convince you that you should hire a trainer. I thought cool, someone to show me how the machines work so I can use them eventually but no way am I spending the money and getting a trainer. I had it secure in my mind that I was not going to be "sold:. Well half way through the free session, I had pretty much made up my mind that I would get a trainer. I enjoyed the work out so much and knowing myself, I know I would never do any of the things shown to me on my own again. Despite the fact that I had it set in my head I was not going to do it, and it is an expenditure I had not planned on, I am really excited about it and look forward to the new, fun exercises as well as having a motivator and someone to help guide me. And I have to admit, thinking about bathing suit season looming on the horizon is definitely another motivator.

The third day, today, I was very tempted not to go. Tracy was not going and I did not have an appointment with a trainer and heck it is Saturday, but I made a promise to myself and I decided to stick with it, so I went. Of course I felt much better for going and for keeping my promise to myself. Week 1 success, week 2 here I come and looking forward to it!

No comments: