Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Andrea: I did it!

Yes I did it. After three years and in sticking with my goals for my February is For Me Month I joined a gym. Of course I joined yesterday but did not work out, I wonder how many other people join and don't work out the day that they join? Anyway, my first work out day will be today and I know I will definatley go on Friday since I have the complimentary session with a trainer.

With my new membership, I have set 2 goals for myself 1. continue to go after my For Me Month is over and 2. to go 3 times a week. I figure start off with an attainable goal, I don't need to jump headfirst and crazy into the gym. So I plan to go 3 times a week and do cardio and build up to machines, classes and weights and maybe 4 - 5 times a week at some point. I think that this is a good game plan and one that does not intimidate me or feel overwhelming. I am actually looking forward to going tomorrow. I think that might be a first for me!

So tomorrow, my new gym mix on my ipod, my water bottle and me, will be off to the gym for the first time in a long time, for the first time FOR a long time.

No comments: